A laptop is a portable personal computer with a clamshell form factor, suitable for mobile use. They are also sometimes called notebook computers or notebooks or lappy. Laptops are commonly used in a variety of settings, including work, education, and personal multimedia.
- Similar in specification to a personal computer.
- Monitor and keyboard are integrated into a single unit.
- Can be used from the mains or with a built-in rechargeable battery.
- More expensive than personal computers due to miniaturization of computer components.
- Ideal computer for business people and ICT trainers who are constantly on the move.